Saturday, August 14, 2010

Beg, whine, and plead.

I found this really great website, and trust me, it is Hard to find a good website on Imagineering. Usually I just get some really old forums that haven't been touched since 2007 with really contradictory advice, which I mean, is always going to come up. How to become an Imagineer isn't a black and white thing. If it were don't you think Imagineering would be a college major? But anyways, I found the 'Unofficial Walt Disney Imagineering Site' and I laughed my butt off at the last quote from Mark Rhodes. It says "Beg, whine, and plead." And according to him that is the best way to become an Imagineer. I think I could do that. No, I deffinitely could do that. I do that everytime I need money. Or transportation. Or food.

So, I don't have any followers yet, and there's no way to determine how many people have read my blog yet but I'm thinking. How cool would it be if kids like me ended up being able to use this to get to know college students working toward becoming Imagineers, or adults applying to be Imagineers, or adults who are already Imagineers? How cool would that be?

On another note, a really old familly friend of mine stopped by today. She's moving out to California (I asked, she said she won't take me) and she came by to drop off a couple of fur coats she no longer wanted. We got to talking about what I wanted to do and apparently she has met an Imagineer before, and actually has one of his Imagineer work shirts. She had a couple stories from him she could tell me and it was really interesting to find out. I've only ever known one other Imagineer, but she was in accounting, which is not really what I'm shooting for.

But anyways, just something I felt was another step in my direction. Once she finds the shirt she says it's all mine. Leave comments if you visit the page so I don't feel like I'm talking to myself here.

3 comments:

  1. You can upload photos too right? Cause if you can you should sooo upload one of u wearing the imagineer shirt :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and also, before stumbling upon your blog i was googling imagineering and i read the exact same 'beg whine and plead' post XD it made me laugh too. Yea thats kind of a random comment but i thought it was an interesting coincidence

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I tried to post something before, but I don't think it came up...anyway I am completly obssesed with Disney too (though maybe not as much as you:). I spend almost all my free time reading disney books from the imagineering book to disney animation. I also love to listen to Disney podcasts and read Celebrations magazine. I dream of one day becoming an imagineer too.
    As for ideas, definently do the the Imaginations competition in college, you get to meet Marty Sklar and could get an internship at imagineering!

    ReplyDelete