Tuesday, August 31, 2010

New contacts

Wow today was a lucky day for me! Not only did I have my favorite sub in French (I Hate the french teacher) but apparently her daughter was one of the celebrity tour guides at Disney! I was SO lucky to get advice from this woman. She told me her daughter started at the living seas as a day employee, and was promoted within 3 months! She got to meet all kinds of imagineers, and a friend who worked with her ended up becoming a writer for eyes and ears. To top it all off, she's worked for them too! She was contracted with Disney and they used her set designs! She's promised she'd get me some of her old contacts and hopefully this will be a foot in the door for me. What luck right?

I know it's been a long time since my last post so that deffinitely isn't my only news on the matter. I was rifling through the library yesterday and happened apon a great, big, thick, DISNEY biography. It's crazy huge. So I checked it out and i'm only like two pages in but what can I say, I'm a busy teenager, whith a lot of work on my plate.

In a meeting a couple of weeks ago with my stock broker I managed to convince my mom to let me sell some of my stock (college fund bound) for some stock in Disney. Now I get an annual report on how things are going, and where they're headed. I'm sure I could find a copy of the report somewhere out there on the internet, but it's kind of a personal thing, me being in love with Disney and all.

At lunch the other day, I also found that a couple of close friends of mine want to become something that would fit under the branch of imagineering, one of them wants to be an industrial engineer with a minor in fine arts (she dances oh, and did I mention she moved to america not knowing a word of english her freshman year, made straight A's, and is now a junior in an AP English class? There are native speakers who can't do that!) My other friend wants to become an electrical engineer. And with my interior and structural design we could make a good team, not to mention all three of us plan on staying in state for at least 2 years. I'm thinking Imagineering dream-team takes on Texas. Oh and wouldn't that be just perfect if by some random twist of fate Texas gives up and lets Disney have their way and build a theme park?

But, that's it. Other than changing my mind to having my wedding in the Canada pavillion rather than the Boardwalk.

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes i've heard about buying stock in disney before. Doesnt it mean u get money off merchendise too? XD I might consider buying some lol

    ReplyDelete